Here are a few more snippets of information and some random pictures that we have collected on our trip.
- Doors open outwards. In our hotel, in bathrooms within cafes, the doors all open towards you rather than into the room.
- Speaking of bathrooms, the Australian building code would not allow as they do here, the toilet to open directly into the cafe space. There is always a second door to pass through.
- On the lunch buffet on the cruise on Day 2, we tried the ‘Fresh Meat’. We were later told it was Ox. It was delicious!
- Norweigan Success Cake is amazing! I’ll be googling the recipe and testing out at Christmas time.
- Norwegians have a very pleasant sense of humour. It is witty and ironic without being sarcastic.
- Each Region has its different Christmas traditional food. Around Alesund/Bergen and the West they eat lamb. Further north towards Lofoten it is fish whilst down in the south they prefer pork.
- Alaskan Spruce was planted around the hills of Urke after WWII. As it is being used for lumber more is not being planted. Eventually it will be replaced by a Norweigan variety.